GET A JUMP START ON COLLEGE
· Students in grades 9-12 at the time of travel on GEE pre-college program are eligible to participate.
· Transcripts for these college credits are issued through the UC San Diego Extension.
· A total of 3 pre-college credit hours are included.
· Coursework is completed while traveling and facilitated by educator.
· A personal essay and a presentation are required as a final evaluation upon completion.
WHAT WILL YOU GET
· 10 Days Yokohama, Tokyo, Tsukuba, Hiroshima and Kyoto
· Enhanced awareness of the global community.
· Greater appreciation and respect of distinct cultural values and beliefs.
· Analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Exposure to different perspectives and languages.
· Personal development leading to heightened self-confidence and self-esteem.
· $150 non-refundable application fee.
· $3,688 (check payment discount) or $3,836 (credit card payment) per person for tuition, course materials, hotel accommodation (sharing room), meals, ground transportation, train fare, international airfare from/to Los Angeles, non-trip cancellation coverage travel insurance and activities.
· Payment plan is available without any additional fee.
PROGRAM COST included
· 3 pre-college credits
· Round trip airfare from Los Angeles to Tokyo with airport taxes and fuel surcharge
· Ground transportation: motorcoach and train tickets within Japan
· Meals: Daily breakfasts and dinners
· Accommodations: homestay or hotel
· Professional educator
· Entrance fee for museums and attractions
· Gratuities of $50 per person
· Arrangement for school exchange for steamanities program
· Non-trip cancellation coverage Travel insurance included (upgrade is available for $100)
PROGRAM COST not included
· Expenses of personal nature and lunch
· Any deviations such as changing departure / return date